Peter Franck provides advice and counsel for both Entertainment and Intellectual Property law, especially regarding contracts, talent, management, recordings, production licensing and other agreements.
For recordings, films, websites, writings, art, music, and other creative endeavors we:
- Assure that all necessary rights have been acquired or licensed
- Secure protection through copyright, trademark, non-disclosure agreement or other contracts
- Assist with business entity formation, including the establishment and administration of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies
- Advise on appropriate insurance coverage and related business law
We advise artists, musicians, photographers, filmmakers, performing arts groups, multimedia and web designers, writers, editors, publishers, managers, producers, record companies, production companies and non-profit groups.
Representative clients (past and present) include:
- Arhoolie Records
- Armistead Maupin
- Chris Strachwitz
- BattleBots (Discovery Channel)
- John Lee Hooker
- California Music Channel
- CAAM (Center for Asian American Media)
- Down Home Music
- San Francisco Community Radio
- Friends of KUSF
- “Social Policy” magazine
- Cue 1 Go Productions
- Arc of Justice Productions
- Brazos Films
- Emory Douglas (Writer & Artist)
- Mario Savio
- Tom Burnside (Photographer)
- Long Beach Community Radio (KLBP-LP)
- Yoga Journal
- The Emma Goldman Project
- FSM (Free Speech Movement)
- KMRD-LP (low Power FM station, Madrid, New Mexico).
We work with artists, musicians, photographers, independent filmmakers, documentary film and video producers, granting agencies, performing arts groups, writers, editors, publishers, managers, producers, record companies, production companies and non-profit groups.